Thursday 19 June 2008

Irish cheese

The Yanks have this thing called "cheese" but yet it bears no real resemblance to anything that can be classed as food. A lot of them think it is great, yet it is completely vile. It is really rubbery as well. I have a thing for actual cheddar from Ireland. I've found some and it only cost $4.59. Yes that is in dollars. It would cost about 2.50 pounds back home given the exchange rate. That is cheaper than getting Irish cheese from Tesco and yet the Yanks complain about the price of everything (and still eat that vile thing that they call cheese when real cheese is only $4.59). I've found some edible bread as well. Now I just need some pickle to go with it and I can have a sandwich.

While I'm on the topic of Ireland, thanks for the "no" vote on the Lisbon Treaty the other day. I'll have a pint of Guinness (ewww...) next time I come across an "Irish" pub (which won't be hard once I leave the flat).

No comments: